Call Toll Free +1 855-856-TIPS
Legal Notice # 21659419
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Locust Valley Central School District
Capital Projects 2020 2021
BAYVILLE PRIMARY SCHOOL
ELEVATOR ADDITION SED#28-05-08-06-0-009-012
Board of Education
Locust Valley Central School District
22 Horse Hollow Road
Locust Valley, NY 11560
Campbell Cassetta Architects, PC
384 West Main Street
Babylon, New York 11702-3004
Bayville Primary School
50 Godfrey Avenue
Bayville, NY 11790
1. Sealed lump sum proposals for work to be completed will be received by the Board of Education, Locust Valley Central School District, at 22 Horse Hollow Road, Locust Valley, NY 11560 until:
TUESDAY JUNE 29, 2021 at 11:00 am
The District will be conducting the above-captioned bid virtually through Zoom Meeting. A Zoom link will be provided to all those who submit a bid prior to the bid opening.
2. All proposals shall be based upon the information contained in the Drawings, Project Manual and any Addenda issued during the Bid Period, all as prepared by the Architect. Proposals shall be submitted for the following contracts:
THIS PROJECT WILL BE AWARDED AS A SINGLE PRIME CONTRACT AS FOLLOWS:
Contract No. 1: General Construction Single Prime Contract
3. Drawings, Project Manuals and Proposal Forms may be examined online on or after Monday, June 14, 2021. Complete digital sets of bidding documents may be obtained online as a download at the following website: WWW.LI-BIDS.COM for a non-refundable fee of One hundred dollars ( 100.00)
Any Bid Addenda issued by the architect will be transmitted to registered plan holders via email and will also be available at WWW.LI-BIDS.COM for download.
Complete, printed bid documents may be obtained from Madison-Lohrius, 2402 Ocean Avenue, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779, (631) 580-5858, upon a deposit of One Hundred dollars ($100.00) for each set of documents. Deposit checks shall be made payable to LOCUST VALLEY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT. Contractors submitting prime bids may obtain a refund of deposit by returning the complete printed set of documents to Madison-Lohrius in good, usable condition, within thirty (30) days . Any contractor not bidding who returns the bid package after the bid date shall forfeit their bid deposit. BIDDERS REQUIRING DOCUMENTS TO BE SHIPPED SHALL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH MADISON LOHRIUS and pay for all packaging and shipping costs.
All questions regarding this project shall be in writing and be directed to the architect. The Architect will respond to the questions in the form of an Addendum.
5. Each bid must be accompanied by certified check or Bid Bond made payable to the board of Education, LOCUST VALLEY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT in the amount equal to not less than 10% of the amount of bid. The Certified check or Bid bonds will be returned when the board of Education has approved the executed contract or rejected all bids.
6. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a Performance bond, Labor and Material Payment bond in the amount of one hundred (100%) percent of the accepted bids, guaranteeing performance according to specifications and the payment of all obligations arising thereunder.
7. The Contract will be awarded to the lowest responsible bidder or the proposal will be rejected within sixty (60) days of the date of the opening of proposals, subject, however, to the discretionary right reserved by the Board of Education to waive any informalities in, or to reject any or all proposals and to advertise for new proposals, if, in its opinion, the best interest of the District will thereby be promoted. All bids will be held firm by the Board of Education for sixty (60) days after formal opening thereof and no bid may be withdrawn within sixty (60) days pending the decision of the Board, except for clerical mistake pursuant to the requirement of General Municipal Law 103.
BY ORDER OF:
BOARD OF EDUCATION
LOCUST VALLEY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
22 HORSE HOLLOW ROAD
LOCUST VALLEY, NY 11560