Call Toll Free +1 855-856-TIPS
United States Of America – New home sales in the United States beat expectations in May 2022 according to new data released from the U.S. Census.
Here is the facts:
New Home Sales For May 2022
- Sales of new single family houses in May 2022 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 696,000.
- This is 10.7% (18.9%)* higher than the revised April rate of 629,000, but 5.9% (22.0%)* lower than the May 2021 estimate of 740,000.
Sales Price For New Homes In May 2022
- In May 2022, the median sales price of new houses sold was $449,000.
- The average price for a home was $511,400.
Inventory Of New Homes In May 2022
- At the end of May, the seasonally adjusted estimate of new houses for sale was 444,000.
- At the current sales rate, this equates to 7.7 months of supply.