Call Toll Free +1 855-856-TIPS
FOR Residential Slurry Seal Project – Zones 1 & 2,
CASH CONTRACT NO. 21-06
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Laguna Niguel, California (“City”) invites sealed Bids for the Project. The City will accept bids through the City’s electronic procurement system (PlanetBids) up to 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 25, 2021.
1. SCOPE OF WORK. The work to be performed or executed under these specifications consists of furnishing all materials, equipment, tools, labor and incidentals as required by the contract documents to construct the above stated project. The general items of work to be done hereunder consist of: weed kill, traffic control, asphalt concrete removal and replacing, crack sealing, slurry sealing, roadway restriping and applying new pavement stencils. Also included is the advanced coordination/notification of residences and businesses that are impacted by the progression of work. All work shall be completed within 65 work days from the date of the Notice to Proceed with Construction Activities, anticipated to start on June 1, 2021.
2. Contractors’ License Classification. Bidders must possess the following classification(s) of California Contractors License at the time that the Bid Proposal submitted and at time the Contract for the Work is awarded: A – General Engineering. The Bid Proposal of a Bidder who does not possess a valid and in good standing Contractors’ License in the classification(s) set forth above will be rejected for non-responsiveness. Any Bidder not duly and properly licensed is subject to all penalties imposed by law. No payment shall be made for the Work unless and until the Registrar of Contractors verifies to the City that the Bidder awarded the Contract is properly and duly licensed for the Work.
3. OBTAINING BID DOCUMENTS. Bidders may obtain free copies of the Plans, Specifications and other Contract Documents online by visiting PlanetBids.
4. REGISTRATION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS. In accordance with Labor Code Sections 1725.5 and 1771.1, no contractor or subcontractor shall be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal, subject to the requirements of Section 4104 of the Public Contract Code, or engage in the performance of any contract for public work, unless currently registered and qualified to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5
5. PREVAILING WAGES. In accordance with Labor Code Section 1770 et seq., the Project is a “public work.” The selected Bidder (Contractor) and any Subcontractors shall pay wages in accordance with the determination of the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations (“DIR”) regarding the prevailing rate of per diem wages. Copies of those rates are on file with the Director of Public Works and are available to any interested party upon request. The Contractor shall post a copy of the DIR’s determination of the prevailing rate of per diem wages at each job site. This Project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the DIR.
6. BONDS. Each Bid must be accompanied by a cash deposit, cashier’s check, certified check or Bidder’s Bond issued by a Surety insurer, made payable to the City of Laguna Niguel and in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the total Bid submitted. Personal or company checks are not acceptable. Upon Contract award, the Contractor shall provide faithful performance and payment Bonds, each in a sum equal to the Contract Price. All Bonds must be issued by a California admitted Surety insurer using the forms set forth in the Contract Documents. Failure to enter into the Contract with the City, including the submission of all required Bonds and insurance coverages, within 15 Days after the date of the mailing of written notice of contract award to the Bidder, shall subject the Bid security to forfeiture to the extent provided by law.
7. RETENTION SUBSTITUTION. Five percent (5%) of any progress payment will be withheld as retention. In accordance with Public Contract Code Section 22300, and at the request and expense of the Contractor, securities equivalent to the amount withheld may be deposited with the City or with a State or federally chartered bank as escrow agent, which shall then pay such moneys to the Contractor. Upon satisfactory completion of the Project, the securities shall be returned to the Contractor. Alternatively, the Contractor may request that the City make payments of earned retentions directly to an escrow agent at the Contractor’s expense. No such substitutions shall be accepted until all related documents are approved by the City Attorney.
8. BIDDING PROCESS. The City reserves the right to reject any Bid or all Bids, and to waive any irregularities or informalities in any Bid or in the bidding, as deemed to be in its best interest.
BY ORDER OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LAGUNA NIGUEL.
Dated this 18th day of February 2021.
CITY OF LAGUNA NIGUEL, CALIFORNIA
- By: Eileen Gomez, City Clerk
- 30111 Crown Valley Parkway
- Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- (949) 362-4300
- 30111 Crown Valley Parkway
Published Laguna Niguel News February 25, March 4, 2021 11443754