Call Toll Free +1 855-856-TIPS
U.S. Industrial Production Up 0.9% Month Over Month Beating Estimate Of 0.4%
United States Of America – In March 2022, industrial production in the United States increased 0.9 percent from the previous month, matching the previous month and exceeding market expectations of a 0.4 percent increase in February.
- Manufacturing output increased by 0.9 percent, exceeding forecasts of 0.6 percent but slowing from a four-month high of 1.2 percent in February.
- Durable and nondurable manufacturing output increased by 1.3 percent and 0.4 percent, respectively.
- Other manufacturing output (publishing and logging) increased by 0.2 percent.
- Utilities index rose 0.4 percent.
- Mining index rose 1.7 percent.
Industrial activity increased 5.5 percent year on year, and it is expected to increase 8.1 percent in the first quarter of 2022 but this may increase due to the ongoing war efforts around the globe.